Rural water users

Rural Water Restrictions Survey If you are on an independent water supply, i.e. your water comes from a community water scheme, a stream, bore or spring, and you don’t get a water bill from the Council, then you are a rural water user. This means that you are affected by rural water restrictions when in place.

If you were affected by the rural water restrictions put in place over the drought in February this year, we'd like to know how they affected you. Please take a few minutes to take part in our online survey and let us know your thoughts on how we did.

Farming through a drought

Regular monitoring and snappy decision making is the key to protecting your property and livestock against the effects of drought.

See an advisory document on farm management under drought conditions (420KB PDF).

For advice on rural water restrictions and where to get support, read more about information for rural water users.